For women, then, poetry is not a luxury. It is a vital necessity of our existence. It forms the quality of the light within which we predicate our hopes and dreams toward survival and change, first made into language, then into idea, then into more tangible action. Poetry is the way we help give names to the nameless so it can be thought. THe farthest horizons of our hopes and fears are cobbled by our poems, carved from the rock experiences of our daily lives.
As they become known to and accepted by us, our feelings and the honest exploration of them become sanctuaries and spawning grounds for the most radical and daring of ideas. They become a safe-house for that difference so necessary to change and the conceptualization of any meaningful action. Right now, I could name at least ten ideas I would have found intolerable or incomprehensible and frightening, except as they came after dreams and poems. This is not idle fantasy, but a disciplined attention to the true meaning of “it feels right to me.”
|—||from “Poetry is Not a Luxury,” Audre Lorde (via commovente)|
Before we enter the new year, here’s a top 10 of the pics on the blog this year. (Ranked in order of most notes)
1. Characters: Batman & Robin Series: DC Comics Photographer: Andrew Browne Cosplayers: Unknown
2. Character: Super Girl Series: DC Comics/ Infinite Crisis MultiUniverse Photographer: Cory Nellon Cosplayer: T. Jakeru Frost
3. Characters: Wonder Woman Series: DC Comics Photographer: Unknown Cosplayers: Unknown
4. Characters: Lumpy Space Princess, Princess Bubblegum, & Marceline Series: Adventure Time Photographer: Andrew Browne Cosplayers:Alica Forde, Karissa Harte and Crystal Derrell
5. Characters: Poca-han-solo & Anakin-Rapunzel Series: Star Wars/Pocahontas/Tangled Photographer: Sarah Guichard Cosplayers: Jennifer and Aleu Moana
9. Character: Inspector Gadget Series: Inspector Gadget Photographer: Ricardo X. Toombs Cosplayer: Unknown
(If you have any sources for the unkown cosplayers/photographers please PM me.
The rank only include pics that were uploaded and submitted to this blog. (No reblogs from other blogs were counted)
Holy…shit… seriously hot cosplayers.
SUCH AWESOME-NESS HERE :D
I did a thing for a contest and I think it turned out pretty durn cute
Well I hope you fucking win because this is a win!
This is perfect.
very nice. good luck!
Everything about this is gorgeous
Can someone identify all the characters?
they’re all Disney characters- Esmeralda (top left) Mulan Tiana Pocahontas Jasmine Nani
Usagi, Ami, Rei, Makoto, Minako
"We’ll Grow Strong"
To the tune of “Be Prepared” from “The Lion King”
(We open in the gardens of King’s Landing, with OLENNA Tyrell, MARGAERY, LORAS and the rest of the Tyrell GIRLS conspiring after the meeting with Sansa in Season 3)
OLENNA (to LORAS, spoken)
I don’t think you really…
everything i learned in life, i learned from the his dark materials trilogy.
send me your writing (poems, stories, doodles etc.) I would love to read it all